Need a domain name crash course? You can skip class and we’ll let you have our notes. We’re that kind of friend.
- If it is available it is best to have your domain name the same as your company or product name. If your exact company name is not available then get a name that is as close as possible.
- If you cannot get your company name, then make sure your domain name includes an important keyword.
- Make your domain name as short as possible.
- Your domain name should also match the content of your website.
- Try not to use digits in your domain name, however sometimes it works well. 37signals.com is a very successful internet company.
- Be careful to use so called free domain search websites. These websites sometimes buy the domains you search for and then try to sell it to you at a higher price. This tactic is called DNFR (domain name front running). We don’t do this.
- Use ClickHOST’s domain checker to find a domain name.
- Use ClickHOST’s whois page to find the owner of an existing domain name.
Domain Name – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, absolutely. Use our domain checker to find a domain and buy it from us.
No, but we prefer that you do. You can have your domain name registered with another company and host your website with us.
Our domain pricing starts at $17.95/year for most domain names including the most common domains .com, .net, .org. Our .ca domains are $24.99/year. Some domain names are more expensive like the new .co domain names, at $49.99/year.
Yes! If you prepay for a year’s hosting with our BETTER and BEST plans, we pay for your domain for a year. This applies when you buy a new domain name or transfer a domain name from another company. This includes domains .com, .net and .org ($17.95 value) and .ca ($24.99 value).
We can, however their are numerous other and better companies to manage investment domains.
Yes! It is your domain name. If you ever decide to cancel your hosting service with ClickHOST, then you can keep your domain name with us OR transfer it to a new company.
Be sure to unlock your domain and request an authorization code from your existing registrar. Then use the authorization code to transfer your domain to ClickHOST when you sign up for a hosting plan. If you don’t know how to do this then send us an email: email@example.com
Be sure to unlock your domain and request an authorization code from your MY DOMAIN area of your account before you initiate your transfer to the new company.
Yes, under certain conditions. If your domain name is set to AUTO RENEW and we have a valid credit card on file for you then we will automatically renew your domain on the renewal date. We will send you notices 60, 30, 15, 7 and 1 day before your domain name expires.
Remember you are the owner of the domain name and responsible to renew, or not, your domain name. ClickHOST provide ways to make this easy for you.