What can I do to generate more business from my website?
Customers ask us all the time, “What are some easy things I can do on my website to generate more business?” So in response to popular demand, here are our Top 10 Recommendations for generating more business from your website:
1. Placement of Your Phone number – Move it to the right-hand corner of your website header. And, make it Click-to-Call for smart phones. Most visitors to your website are only interested in finding you phone number. If they don’t find it prominently displayed on your homepage, they’ll just click away to your competitor. 95% of all visitors will never click beyond your home page.
2. Add a Social Media feed – Add a Twitter, Facebook and/or LinkedIn feed to your home page. It makes your website more dynamic, and makes it convenient for your visitors and for Google search.
3. SEO friendly URL’s – Make sure your URL’s are Search Engine Optimized (SEO) friendly. This makes it easy for Google to search the content of your website. And, for you Techies, make sure you have robots.txt and XML sitemap files.
4. Submit to dmoz.org – dmoz.org is the largest human edited website directory, and it is FREE. It’s used by all your big search engines: Google, Yahoo!, and Bing to name a few.
5. Use Custom email addresses with your domain – Nothing looks less professional than and @gmail or @yahoo.com email address for your business. Use your domain name, for example: Rhonda@clickhost.com and to reduce spammers from getting your email use: rhonda [at] clickhost [dot] com on your site.
6. Social media sharing – Make it easy for visitors to share your information on Social media with Share Buttons. WordPress has some great plugins to help, especially using the JetPack plugin.
7. E-mail signup/mailing – Offer FREE quality content in exchange for an email address. Integrate it with a mailing system like MailChimp or ConstantContact to make it easy on yourself. Here is ours if you are interested in signing up for our awesome newsletter 😀.
8. Mobile-Optimized website – People that start a search on a smartphone are ready to buy or to contact you. Don’t miss out on mobile marketing! Not sure if you website is Google mobile-friendly? See our blog post to Check if your website is responsive and Google mobile-friendly.
9. Promotions/Coupons – People love a bargain! Place these Call-to-Actions on your Home page.
10. FREE Tools – Use FREE tools that offer numerous suggestions for website improvements like: woorank.com, hubspot.com or Positionly.com (affiliate link).
What other tips do you have? Please share!