We’ve been working hard on upgrading our server infrastructure over the last few months to provide you the best, fastest, and most secure hosting environment. As a part of these improvements, we are moving to a new Data Center. We have already started moving some servers, and we will be completing the move over the next few weekends!
What does this mean to me?
Be on the lookout for email announcements from ClickHOST. We will be sending communications to each account on the scheduled server before migration begins. Migrations will take place over the weekend to minimize impact to your operations. Service to your website and email will be interrupted while we complete the server migration. The service interruption is expected to be less than 2 hours, but it could take up to 6 hours. We will diligently work to reduce this downtime.
As with any technology migration, we expect hiccups. Please be patient and contact us. We’ll get it resolved ASAP. These growing pains are going to provide you a faster more reliable hosting environment! So, please hang-in-there with us!
What will be different and what will be the same?
- Much faster websites. Yes!
- Less downtime. Awesome!
- More flexibility if you need a dedicated environment (your own cloud hosting account).
- Same cPanel access.
- Same email configuration.
- Same pricing! Can you believe this?
- Same awesome support.
Here are a few buzz words
- SSD (Solid State) drives in an ultra-fast SAN (storage area network) backend. Very fast data access. Most of the bottle necks for newer CMS-based (e.g., WordPress) websites are slow hard drive access. SSDs are super fast and reliable. We will be one of only a handful of hosts that offer SSD storage at NO additional cost to you.
- Full virtualized environment. It will now be quick and easy for us to scale and plan for future growth.
- R1Soft backups. cPanel backups are slow and resource intensive. R1Soft is the state of the art for cloud backups.
- Redundant infrastructure. Our new infrastructure is fully redundant, e.g., RAID10, dual-channels to the SAN array, etc. This makes our environment much more reliable (less downtime) and easier to recover from disasters.
We thank you for your patience during this time! This move is part of our continued investment in our servers and infrastructure to improve the performance and uptime of your website and email.
We have the best customers!
Not a customer yet?
Click here to check out our Hosting plans. Starts at $5/m