by Mickey Mellen of GreenMellen Media
The world of search engine optimization (SEO) can be a tricky one to figure out. With Google often changing the rules and with contradicting advice available all over the internet, it can be difficult to know what road to follow. With that in mind, I’m teaming up with SEO consultant Jenny Munn for a full-day workshop on Thursday, May 2nd to help small businesses cut through the clutter and get found on Google. Jenny’s approach is solid, safe and straightforward, and I’ll be teaching on some of the technical pieces that you can put in place.
We’ll be covering a variety of topics during the day, including:
- SEO Basics: Provide an SEO overview in a way you can understand – we limit the technical gobbleydook geek speak!
- Keyword Research: Help you find practical, realistic, strategic keywords for your business
- On-page Optimization: Explain the basics of optimizing your website
- Managing an SEO Program: Show you SEO does not take a huge time or monetary investment
- Off-page/Linkbuilding: Explain what SEO involves that takes place off your site
- Content, Social Media & Blogging: Clarify how content marketing, social media marketing, and blogging come into play with SEO
- Local SEO: Make sure your business shows up in the local search results
- Tracking & Metrics: Show you how to track your SEO effectiveness, efforts and wins
The cost for the bootcamp is $199, but as a fan (or hopefully a customer) of ClickHOST you can receive $20 off by using the promotional code “clickhost” at checkout. You can learn more about the event at jennymunn.com/seobootcamp. We hope to see you there!
[box type=”bio”] This guest post by Mickey Mellen. He is the co-owner of GreenMellen Media, where they believe that a website is much deeper than it’s design, and that social media is not just a medium to share what you ate for lunch with the world. Mickey has been using WordPress for over nine years and passionate about helping small businesses.
Link for GreenMellen Media: http://www.greenmellenmedia.com[/box]